Something delicious healthy vegan and gluten-free – raw hemp pate, made in just 10 minutes! When I want to eat something different, I make different vegetable pâtés with my supplies from the kitchen cupboard. Sometimes I just take a packet of rice waffles, take one out and spread a thick layer of pate on top – be careful not to overdo it!
I often combine peeled hemp seeds with other aromatic ingredients to soften and change their aroma, which I do not like. Fresh spinach and celery leaves give a delicate green color that is preserved when the pate is stored for up to several days. I add pumpkin seed protein for more protein and coconut flour for more fiber. The aroma of coconut flour is not felt in the pate, because the aroma of celery leaves dominates. I serve spring hemp pate with baked potatoes for breakfast or with dried Jerusalem artichoke chips for a snack.
Spring hemp pateCourse: Recipes, Sauces and pâtés
Raw pate with hemp and spinach
150 g peeled hemp seeds
50 g spinach leaves
50 g celery leaves
5 g Himalayan pink salt
can be replaced with any other salt
1 g ground long pepper /pippali/
can be replaced with ground black pepper
350 ml. filtered water
180 g pumpkin protein /pumpkin seed flour/
30 g coconut flour
- I wash the fresh spinach and celery leaves with running water, leave them aside to drain well. With a kitchen scale I weigh all the ingredients from the recipe separately.
- In the blender jug I put spinach leaves and celery leaves , add peeled hemp seeds and salt, ground long pepper and water. Blend for a few seconds until a smooth homogeneous mixture is obtained.
- In a bowl I put the blended mixture, add the pumpkin protein and coconut flour, I stir until a thick homogeneous mixture.
- I put the hemp pate in a box with a lid and put it in the fridge – it can be stored for up to 3 days.
- Nutritional value per 100 g. product:
- Energy value – 202.04 kcal
- Protein – 18.98 g
- Carbohydrates – 9.10 g
- Fat – 10.63 g
- Fiber – 5.37 g