Um, I have broccoli on my agenda – one of my superfoods! I know a lot of people don’t like it, but I adore it. And when I see fresh broccoli being sold in stores or on the cooperative market, I always buy a few. In my list of superfoods it ranks in the top five foods along with kale, spirulina, alfalfa sprouts and purslane – well, green is my favorite! It is good that my husband Danail also likes to eat broccoli and so the family peace is preserved. Most often I cook it in the oven and use it to prepare the Danara Cup – our favorite combination for a rich salad. But today I’m eating hot soup for dinner and I’m ready to experiment!
I want a gentle soup with a light taste that complements the soft aroma of homemade buckwheat bread – now I took it out of the oven and the whole house smells of warm delicious bread! That’s why I decided to combine broccoli with white beans canelini , as it has a thin shell to blend smoothly. This variety of beans cooks quickly and has a very light bean aroma that will not dominate the taste of broccoli. I use pre-soaked in water for 24 hours and then boiled beans, but canned cannelini beans can also be used. I add garlic to the soup for a light sweetness, and white pepper and ginger add a little spiciness. This time I decided to add coconut flour to thicken, so I increase the amount of fiber and since it contains fat I do not need to add extra extracted vegetable oil. The result is a low-calorie gluten-free cream soup with a slight taste of broccoli and a subtle aroma of coconut, and the slices of homemade vegan gluten-free buckwheat bread give it a light nutty flavor. Here is another delicious recipe with broccoli that will enrich our menu!
Soup BroccolinеCourse: Recipes, Soups
Cream soup with broccoli and white beans
650 g broccoli fresh
Frozen broccoli can be used
280 g onion
650 g white beans pre-cooked
canned beans or a jar can be used
10 g Himalayan pink salt
any other salt may be used
5 g dry ground ginger
1 g ground white pepper
2 l. spring water
50 g chervil leaves fresh
can be replaced with parsley leaves
50 g coconut flour
- I wash the broccoli head, separate the roses from the stem with a knife and cut them into pieces. I peel the stem, cut it into pieces.
- I peel the onion from the dry flakes and wash them, cut into pieces.
- In a saucepan I put the pre-cooked beans, chopped broccoli with the stalk and chopped onion. I add ginger, ground white pepper and water.
- I put the pot on the stove and turn it on at the highest level. I wait for the vegetables to cook – I check periodically with a wooden spoon.
- When the vegetables are cooked, I add salt and coconut flour. Stir well, turn off the heat and move the pan to the side.
- I wash the chervil leaves, cut them into large pieces and add them to the pot.
- I puree the soup until a homogeneous mixture is obtained. Serve in a bowl, serve with toasted homemade buckwheat bread and a few hot peppers for a fiery taste.
- Nutritional value per 100 g. product:
- Energy value – 38.90 kcal
- Protein – 2.79 g.
- Carbohydrates – 5.10 g.
- Fat – 0.81 g.
- Fiber – 3.07 g.