There are days when I don’t feel like cooking and I want to eat something fast. Then I prepare a protein salad with seasonal vegetables – quick and easy, tasty and healthy, vegan and gluten free. And when I have freshly baked homemade gluten-free vegan bread, the pleasure of delicious food is complete!
I usually use chickpeas, which I have previously soaked, boiled and frozen in boxes in the freezer. But I always have a few cans of cooked chickpeas for the moments when I don’t have pre-thawed chickpeas from the freezer. Canned food is not the best option, but it is a salvation for urgent 5-minute cooking. That’s why I plan to cook our food for a few days ahead – so we eat a variety, and shopping is easy and economical. I prepare mustard at home to be sure of its quality and composition. The recipe for DANARA mustard has been uploaded to the blog and can be seen in SAUCEES AND PATE. Cooked chickpeas do not have a distinct taste, so I combine it with fragrant parsley leaves, crispy radishes and slightly spicy mustard sauce.
Salad ”Winter mood”Course: Recipes, Salads
Chickpea salad with mustard and radishes
400 g chickpeas soaked and boiled in advance
20 g parsley leaves
300 g radishes red
15 g homemade apple cider vinegar
Can be replaced with apple cider vinegar bio unfiltered
20 g olive oil extra virgin
5 g Russian rock salt
Can be replaced with any other salt
2 g ground black pepper
40 g homemade mustard
- Separate the radishes leaves, leaving them aside for cooking later. Weigh the required amount, wash them and drain well. I cut each radish in half and then cut each half into thin slices.
- Separate the parsley leaves from the stalks and weigh the required amount. Wash and drain well. I cut the leaves in bulk. You can cut parsley leaves according to personal preferences!
- In a small bowl, mix the mustard, vinegar and olive oil. I add salt and pepper. Stir until a homogeneous mixture is obtained
- In a large bowl put the cooked chickpeas, chopped radishes and parsley leaves. Pour the mustard mixture on top. I mix well. I serve the finished salad with gluten-free rice bread!
- Nutritional value per 100 g. product:
- Energy value – 96,56 kcal
- Protein – 4,84 g
- Carbohydrates – 10,35 g
- Fat – 4,04 g
- Fiber – 3,06 g