It’s very easy to prepare a quick and healthy meal – it only takes 5 minutes and fresh vegetables! And the small stocks of the kitchen cupboard give unlimited possibilities for combinations. Fresh cabbage for density and fiber, cucumber for juiciness, carrots for crunch and fiber, corn for sweetness, black beans for oiliness and mint for freshness – a healthy low-calorie vegan and gluten-free salad!
I experiment in preparing salads and this is normal because they are constantly present in our menu as an addition to the lunch and dinner dishes. And on days with a detox menu, they are our main food. A rich salad can successfully be a full-fledged main dish for lunch or dinner. Cabbage is rarely present as a raw food in our menu, as it contains goitrogens /substances that block the absorption of iodine/, but when mashed, they significantly decrease. Black beans are ideal for making salads, as the beans retain their shape when cooked. Sweet corn gives a nice taste and appearance to salads and is low in calories. I often add fresh mint to salads, because it gives a unique freshness and slight spiciness. But if you don’t like the aroma of mint, you can replace it with another green spice – parsley leaves, celery leaves, fennel leaves or coriander leaves!
Salad ”Explosion”Course: Recipes, Salads
Cabbage salad with black beans
200 g cabbage
400 g pre-boiled black beans
can be replaced with canned black beans
200 g pre-boiled sweet corn
can be replaced with canned corn
100 g cucumber
50 g carrots
5 g Himalayan pink salt
can be replaced with any other salt
5 g mint leaves
- sesame sauce
40 g sesame tahini
40 ml fresh lemon juice
can be replaced with 20 ml apple cider vinegar
20 ml filtered water
- I wash the vegetables and drain them well. I wash the mint leaves and let them drain. With a kitchen scale, I weigh all the ingredients of the recipe separately.
- With a sharp knife, I cut the cabbage into small pieces and put it in a bowl, add the salt and mash the cabbage with my hands to soften it. I cut the carrots in half lengthwise and then cut each part into thin crescents 1mm thick, add to the bowl with the chopped cabbage. I cut the cucumber into 4 parts lengthwise and then cut each part into thin pieces 1 mm thick, add to the bowl with the chopped carrots and mashed cabbage.
- In the bowl with the chopped vegetables, I add the pre-cooked black beans and sweet corn. I finely chop the mint leaves and add them to the bowl. I mix carefully until all the ingredients are evenly mixed.
- In a small bowl, I put the sesame tahini and the water, add freshly squeezed lemon juice and stir until a uniform smooth mixture is obtained. I add the sauce prepared in this way to the bowl with the vegetables and mix well.
- I put the salad in suitable plates and serve it as an independent dish on days with a detox menu or as an addition to other dishes on other days. It is good to eat the salad immediately after adding the sesame sauce.
- Nutritional value per 100g. product:
- Energy value – 87.53 kcal
- Proteins – 4.35 g
- Carbohydrates – 8.57 g
- Fat – 2.54 g
- Fiber – 4.70 g