Can something delicious and healthy to eat be made with an ingredient that would normally be thrown away? It is possible to! And this is the incredibly delicious vegan gluten-free raw sauce “Green Meeting”, where fresh green radish leaves and raw peeled pumpkin seeds meet and unite for a memorable taste.
Radish leaves are usually thrown away, and they are rich in valuable nutrients such as vitamins and minerals, as well as the antioxidant quercetin. And when we buy bunches of radishes with leaves, we pay for them and then throw them away, thus throwing our money down the drain. As an accountant and financier, I strive to spend and invest my money wisely, that’s why I started making delicious recipes with ingredients that we usually throw away.
And why “Green meeting”? Because in the raw sauce, the tender green of fresh radish leaves meet and combine with the dark green of peeled raw pumpkin seeds, complemented by the grassy green of powdered moringa leaves and the gray green of pumpkin seed protein to give an impressive taste and memorable color. The raw sauce is so easy to make that even a person who has never cooked can do it brilliantly. In the “Green Meeting” raw sauce, the delicate sweetness of pumpkin seeds and pumpkin protein with the light acidity of lemon juice, as well as the wonderful herbaceous aroma of powdered moringa leaves with the specific aroma of radishes from their leaves, meet and unite for an impressive taste and aroma.
I created the recipe of Raw sauce ”Green meeting” as a side dish to the Flatbread ”Autumn Garden” , but it exceeded my expectations and became the masterpiece of our dinner. For a quick and delicious dinner, combine the raw sauce with cooked gluten-free spaghetti and top it off with a radish and scallion salad – you’ll have an impressive dinner with a memorable fall flavor!
If you like spicy food, you can add green chilies to the ingredients in the blender jug – this way you will get a spicy Raw sauce ”Green meeting”.
Raw sauce ”Green meeting”Course: Recipes, Sauces and pâtés
Pumpkin seed sauce and radish leaves
100 g fresh radish leaves
100 g raw peeled pumpkin seeds
10 g moringa powder
6 g Himalayan pink salt
can be replaced with any other salt
50 ml fresh lemon juice
150 ml filtered water
40 g pumpkin protein
can be replaced with pumpkin seed flour
- With a kitchen scale and a measuring cup, I weigh all the ingredients of the recipe separately. I wash the radish leaves well and dry them, then tear them into pieces by hand.
- In the jug of the blender, I put the torn leaves and peeled pumpkin seeds, salt and moringa powder, add freshly squeezed lemon juice and filtered water – blend until a uniform smooth mixture is obtained.
- I pour the mixture into a bowl and add the weighed amount of pumpkin protein, stir vigorously until a thick uniform mixture is obtained. I put the raw sauce “Green Meeting” in a box with a lid and put it in the refrigerator – it can be stored for up to 2 days.
- I put some of the raw sauce in suitable bowls and serve them together with pieces of flat bread “Autumn Garden” and several types of olives for dinner.
- Nutritional value per 100g. product:
- Energy value – 175.16 kcal
- Proteins – 13.51 g
- Carbohydrates – 5.63 g
- Fat – 11.21 g
- Fiber – 3.16 g