Delicate and soft texture, with a light nutty taste and aroma – the raw balls “Yellow cheese” are a healthy vegan gluten-free alternative to dairy cheeses. They can be served as an attractive appetizer with chopped fresh seasonal vegetables or a tasty addition to fresh salads.
I often prepare different types of vegan cheese from nuts and seeds – in the form of balls or as cream cheese. I usually add various spices and superfoods to the mix to enrich the content and flavors. I shape the vegan cheese into balls of 20 g each, because that way they are easier to store and it is easier for me to monitor the amount of proteins in our daily menu. But the mixture can be shaped into a square and then cut into pieces. I add the raw “Yellow cheese” balls as a protein ingredient when preparing different versions of Danara Bowl – I prefer our main meals for the day to be in the form of Bowl Danara, because that way we can best eat healthy and balanced. I make different types of raw vegan cheeses in the form of balls and serve them as an appetizer in holiday menus – they are attractive and well received even by people who do not eat healthy vegan and gluten-free.
If you like spicy food, add 5 grams of chili powder to the mixture and you will have spicy raw balls “Yellow Cheese”.
One raw ball of “Yellow cheese” of 20 g contains 51.91 kcal, 3.16 g of protein, 2.74 g of carbohydrates, 2.77 g of fat and 1.45 g of fiber.
Raw balls ”Yellow cheese”Course: Main dishes, Recipes
Vegan cheese balls with turmeric
70 g pre-soaked cashew nuts
150 ml filtered water
3 g Himalayan pink salt
3 g turmeric powder
2 g ginger powder
1 g ground white pepper
50 g yellow flaxseed
90 g sunflower protein
can be replaced with sunflower flour
20 ml fresh lemon juice
20 g coconut flour
- With a kitchen scale, I weigh all the ingredients of the recipe separately. I grind the yellow flaxseed into flour with the dry grinding attachment of the blender – it can also be ground with an electric coffee grinder.
- In the jug of the blender, I put the pre-soaked cashew nuts and the filtered water, add the spices and salt. I blend until a smooth homogeneous mixture is obtained.
- I pour the blended mixture and freshly squeezed lemon juice into a bowl, add the rest of the ingredients and mix well until a thick dough is obtained. I let the mixture thus prepared stand for 10 minutes to thicken further.
- With a kitchen scale, I weigh the mixture into equal parts of 20 g each. With circular movements of the hands, I form each weighted part of the mixture into a ball. I arrange the balls in a box with a lid and store in the refrigerator – they can be stored for up to 3 days.
- I serve a few balls with chopped fresh vegetables as an appetizer or add them as a protein ingredient when making Bowl Danara.
- Nutritional value per 100g product:
- Energy value – 259.53 kcal
- Proteins – 15.79 g
- Carbohydrates – 13.69 g
- Fat – 13.84 g
- Fiber – 7.26 g
- From the quantities of the ingredients in the recipe, 20 raw balls of “Yellow cheese” are obtained, 20 g each.