When I bake gluten-free bread at home, the same question always arises – What should I spread on the bread? That’s why I first decide what pate or spread I’m going to make and then I bake some gluten-free bread. And since there are always some seasonal vegetables at home, I prepare the salad last. And for those times when I need to whip up a healthy, plant-based, gluten-free meal in a matter of minutes, stocking up in the kitchen cupboard helps a lot.
Cooked brown lentils, some pitted Kalamata olives and spices – simple vegetable ingredients for a quick and tasty gluten-free pate. I usually soak dry brown lentils for 4 hours and boil them, then drain them well after they cool. Then I put the cooked lentils in lidded boxes and put them in the freezer – so I always have cooked lentils with which to prepare quick healthy meals, pâtés and sauces. I just take out a box a few hours before cooking and let it thaw at room temperature. I rarely find jars and cans of cooked lentils in stores without added chemical preservatives and enhancers, so I prefer to keep cooked lentils in the freezer. When preparing the lentil pate, I add naturally fermented olives, so there is no need to add salt and extracted oil. For maximum mild taste, I add only ginger and fenugreek leaves powder.
I serve the quick lentil pate with homemade flatbread and sliced pickled gherkins for a light dinner.
For pate with a spicy taste, add 5g. chili powder. When serving, top the pate with chili flakes.
Quick lentil pateCourse: Recipes, Sauces and pâtés
Pate of brown lentils and olives
400 g pre-boiled brown lentils
can be substituted with canned brown lentils
50 g pitted Kalamata olives
can be replaced with Kalamata olive paste
4 g powdered fenugreek leaves
2 g powdered ginger
- With a kitchen scale, I weigh all the ingredients of the recipe separately.
- I put all the ingredients in a bowl and blend with an electric mixer until a smooth, homogeneous mixture is obtained. I put the paste in a box with a lid and put it in the fridge – it can be stored like this for up to 48 hours.
- I put pate in suitable bowls and serve together with flat bread and vegetables for a light dinner.
- Nutritional value per 100g. product:
- Energy value – 122.26 kcal
- Proteins – 8.42 g
- Carbohydrates – 15.91 g
- Fat – 3.35 g
- Fiber – 3.76 g