Holidays or special days for us – these are the moments when we meet with friends and receive guests at home! And of course, then we want to show our best culinary skills and prepare impressive dishes. These are the moments to prove that healthy food is delicious when prepared with love and inspiration!
Party bites ”The cacti of Mexico” are suitable to serve as an appetizer or can be served as a light snack between main meals. They are prepared quickly and relatively easily, and they are quite tasty and attractive. The avocado cream is light and extremely easy to inject. Since I had to make something delicious for non-vegan and non-healthy guests, the party bites ”The cacti of Mexico” recipe is low-ingredient and unobtrusive. The avocado gives the cream enough butteriness to squirt well, and the pumpkin seed protein adds stability and a subtle roasted pumpkin seed flavor. The wonderful aroma of sage masks the specific aroma of avocado as much as possible. The lemon juice gives a slight acidity to the cream, which contrasts beautifully with the sweet and salty taste of the corn chips.
If you don’t like the scent of sage or you can’t buy it from your local store, you can substitute it with the same amount of fresh fennel leaves. Since fresh sage leaves have a subtle grassy aroma that disappears when dried, it is not appropriate to replace them with dried sage leaves!
The avocado cream can be prepared in advance, put in a box with a lid and stored in the refrigerator – this way it can be stored for up to 24 hours. Remove the box from the refrigerator 10 minutes before serving, mix well and inject immediately before serving.
If you and your guests love spicy food, sprinkle the prepared party bites ”The cacti of Mexico” on top with chili powder!
Party bites ”The cacti of Mexico”Course: Party, Recipes
Corn chips with avocado cream
60 g corn chips
can be replaced with tortilla chips
300 g avocado pieces
30 ml fresh lemon juice
5 g fresh sage leaves
5 g rock salt
50 g pumpkin seed protein
can be replaced with pumpkin seed flour
– pastry bag for decorating
– open star metal tip
- With a sharp knife, I carefully cut an avocado into 2 parts and remove the stone from the inside, peel the skin from both parts and cut into pieces. With a kitchen scale, I measure the required amount of avocado pieces.
- I wash a medium-sized lemon and dry it well, cut it into 2 parts and squeeze out the juice. I measure the required amount of lemon juice with a measuring cup.
- I carefully wash the sage leaves and dry them. With a sharp knife, I cut the leaves into small pieces. With a kitchen scale, I separately measure the required amount of salt and pumpkin seed protein.
- In a bowl, I put the pieces of avocado and the chopped sage leaves, pour the squeezed lemon juice on top. I add rock salt and pumpkin seed protein. I blend with an electric blender until a uniform, smooth mixture is obtained.
- I arrange the pieces of corn chips in a platter. I put the open star metal tip in the pastry bag and fill it with the mixture. I squirt a sufficient amount of the mixture onto each piece of corn chips – the mixture is enough to make 54 pieces.
- I serve a platter bites “The Cacti of Mexico” immediately after piping them – if they sit more than 1 hour after piping the avocado cream, the corn chip pieces lose their crunch!
- Nutritional value per 100g product:
- Energy value – 227.99 kcal
- Proteins – 8.36 g
- Carbohydrates – 12.61 g
- Fat – 15.81 g
- Fiber – 4.72 g