In our hectic everyday life, holidays are usually the moments that bring us together with the whole family and friends. And these meetings are connected with the preparation and serving of food – tasty and aromatic, colorful and impressive. For these moments, I prepare Party Bites “Mediterranean” – with simple and easily available ingredients, but impressive on the festive table. Even people who do not eat a healthy vegan and gluten-free diet like them and eat them with pleasure.
For the preparation of Party Bites “Mediterranean” I use natural tofu, because it does not have a pronounced taste and aroma – it can be combined easily and looks good with its beautiful white color. I chose cherry tomatoes with a bright red color that accentuates the white tofu and doesn’t get lost in the green sauce. And their slightly sour taste is emphasized by the slightly sweet taste of the tofu and the saltiness of the olives. When making nibbles, I prefer pitted green olives to black ones – they are firmer, look better and have a less pronounced olive aroma and taste. And visually, the combination of white, green and red looks fresh and festive! For a richer flavor and aroma, I make a raw green sauce and serve it with the Party Bites ”Mediterranean”. I use raw walnuts with a darker color because they have a richer aroma and taste. And the combination of the aromas of mint and walnuts is fresh and memorable. Kale leaves add a lovely rich green color and a subtle grassy aroma. Although they are quick and easy to prepare, the Party Bites ”Mediterranean” look impressive and tempt even the opponents of healthy vegan gluten-free eating!
If you do not like the taste and aroma of mint, you can replace it in the recipe with the same amount of parsley leaves.
If you and your guests love spicy food, sprinkle the natural tofu pieces with chili powder!
Party Bites ”Mediterranean”Course: Party, Recipes
Bites with tofu and cherry tomatoes
220 g natural organic tofu
250 g red cherry tomatoes
120 g pitted green olives
16 bamboo skewers 15 cm long
– sprigs or leaves of fresh mint for decoration
- raw green sauce
50 g kale leaves
50 g raw walnuts
5 g Himalayan pink salt
5 g fresh mint leaves
150 ml filtered water
- With a kitchen scale, I weigh all the ingredients of the recipe separately. I wash the cherry tomatoes and dry them. I wash the kale leaves and the mint leaves, set them aside to drain well. With a sharp knife, I cut the natural tofu into 16 equal-sized pieces.
- In the jug of the blender, I put the kale leaves and the mint leaves, the walnuts and the salt, add the water and blend until a smooth homogeneous mixture is obtained. I pour the green sauce into a suitable bowl.
- On a bamboo skewer, I carefully thread a green olive through the middle, then thread a piece of natural tofu, and finally thread a cherry tomato through the handle to the middle without piercing the skewer. This is how I prepare the rest of the bamboo skewers.
- In a beautiful tray, I put a suitably sized bowl of green sauce and arrange the prepared bamboo skewers, decorate with sprigs of fresh mint and serve as an appetizer for a festive lunch or dinner.
- Nutritional value per 100g. product:
- Energy value – 101.77 kcal
- Proteins – 5.40 g
- Carbohydrates – 2.47 g
- Fat – 8.10 g
- Fiber – 1.62 g
- The amounts of the ingredients in the recipe are for 16 bites!