Although I love to cook, I prefer quick cooking – in our busy everyday life with little free time, I usually prepare quick healthy recipes with only plant-based ingredients. That’s why buying a multicooker was one of my best kitchen investments. And the combination with the Air Fryer already saves me a lot of time when preparing our food – being able to cook healthy and completely without the addition of extracted oil is a huge advantage.
Since lately I prepare our food mainly in a Multicooker, the recipe for Mushroom Stew “Island” is for cooking in such an appliance. The ingredients of the stew are few, but the combination of mushrooms and green peas is incredibly tasty and aromatic. The slight acidity from the cherry tomatoes contrasts with the sweet taste from the corn island. For a balanced vegetable dish, the ingredients are carefully selected – I combine cornmeal with pumpkin seed protein, the vegetables in the stew are low-calorie, and the spices give a rich taste and aroma. The way of serving is simple, and the dish prepared in this way looks impressive enough. It’s good to remember that we first perceive food with our eyes – that’s why it matters how we arrange our food on the plate. Since I do not add extra oil when cooking the stew, I serve several types of olives with the dish. The rich aroma of the olives accentuates the flavor of the mushrooms, and their slightly salty taste contrasts with the sweet taste of the corn island.
If you don’t have microgreens for decoration, you can replace them with fresh leaves of parsley or cilantro.
If you like spicy food, sprinkle chili flakes on top when serving the mushroom stew.
Mushroom Stew “Island”Course: Main dishes, Recipes
Stew with mushrooms and green peas in the Multicooker
300 g frozen green peas
280 g red cherry tomatoes
250 g white mushrooms
can be replaced with brown mushrooms
5 g paprika powder
5 g Himalayan pink salt
it can be replaced with any other salt
3 g ground coriander seeds
2 g ground cumin
2 g allspice ground
2 g ginger powder
300 ml hot water
15 g tapioca flour
50 ml water for dissolution
- corn island
100 g organic corn semolina
60 g pumpkin protein
can be replaced with pumpkin seed flour
3 g Himalayan pink salt
it can be replaced with any other salt
2 g turmeric powder
350 ml filtered water
– microgreen plants for decoration
- With a kitchen scale and a measuring cup, I weigh all the ingredients of the recipe separately. I wash the mushrooms and drain them well, cut each mushroom into 2 pieces and then cut into small pieces. I wash the cherry tomatoes, dry them and cut them into 4 pieces lengthwise.
- In the metal container of the Multicooker, I put the chopped cherry tomatoes and mushrooms, add the frozen green peas and the hot water, salt and spices. I put the lid on the Multicooker and turn on the Vegetables program – if your Multicooker does not have a vegetable program, turn it on the Soup or Rice program. In a small bowl, I put the tapioca flour and water for dissolution, stir until the flour is completely dissolved and set aside. After completing the cooking program of the Multicooker, I release the steam and remove the lid. I add the dissolved tapioca flour in water and stir well – the stew thickens quickly. I let the stew prepared in this way cool for 5 minutes.
- In a metal pot with a non-stick stone coating, I put all the ingredients for the Corn Island – the cornmeal and the pumpkin protein, the spices and the water. I mix until a uniform mixture is obtained. I put the pot on the stove and turn on the highest level of heat. I stir the mixture continuously until it thickens – once the mixture starts to boil it thickens very quickly. I turn off the heat and leave the pot with the mixture on its sides to cool for 5 minutes.
- I put some of the corn island mixture into a rice mold, press down slightly and then invert the mold into the middle of a deep soup plate. I carefully remove the mold and the corn mixture remains in the middle of the plate. Around the island formed in this way, I put the mushroom stew and put microgreen plants for decoration. I serve the dishes with “Island” mushroom stew prepared in this way as an independent dish for lunch or dinner. Along with the stew, I serve different types of olives.
- Nutritional value per 100g. product:
- Energy value – 59.65 kcal
- Proteins – 3.71 g
- Carbohydrates – 9.39 g
- Fat – 0.83 g
- Fiber – 1.61 g
- The time to prepare Mushroom Stew “Island” is when cooking in the Multicooker!