Outside, the cold winter winds are blowing the branches of the trees, and I am sitting at home in the warmth and taking sip after sip. I enjoy the delicate taste, reminiscent of warm milk chocolate. And the scent of Ceylon cinnamon and coffee “India” mentally take me somewhere in one of my dreams of India. Hot drink ”Indian Dream” is a healthy vegan gluten-free sugar-free and cocoa-free drink with the taste and aroma of chocolate and coffee.
I very rarely drink coffee, but when I do I prefer varieties of coffee with a rich aroma and specific taste. Instant coffee “India” has a mild taste and aroma, resembling the aroma of homemade cherry marmalade. I chose unsweetened soy milk for the recipe because it is low in calories and unflavored, and because it is not raw, it can be heated to a high temperature. The combination of carob flour and carob petmez gives the drink a wonderful chocolate aroma and taste, as well as a milk chocolate color. For the recipe, I use Turkish carob flour because it has a slight specific aroma, unlike Spanish carob flour, which has a strong specific aroma. The addition of ginger gives a slightly spicy taste, and the aroma of Ceylon cinnamon emphasizes the chocolate aroma of the drink. The carob petmez gives a slightly sweet taste and a subtle aroma of caramel. Despite the sweet chocolate taste and aroma, the drink contains coffee and is not suitable for taking in the evening – it can affect sleep.
The warm drink “Indian Dream” has a pleasant chocolate taste without containing the allergenic cocoa products, which is why it is also suitable for people who are allergic to cocoa and cocoa products.
If you do not want to feel the slightly spicy taste of ginger in the drink, reduce the amount in the recipe to 2 g of powdered ginger.
The combination of Ceylon cinnamon and ginger has the property of thinning the blood and can lower blood pressure – if you have low blood pressure or take blood thinners be careful when taking the drink!
One cup of 300 g contains 264.49 kcal, 12.32 g of Protein, 40.61 g of Carbohydrates, 6.14 g of Fat and 6.93 g of Fiber.
Hot drink ”Indian Dream”Course: Drinks, Recipes
Drink with coffee India and soy milk
500 ml organic unsweetened soy milk
50 g petmez from carob Turkey
30 g carob flour Turkey
10 g instant coffee “India”
5 g Ceylon cinnamon powder
5 g ginger powder
- With a kitchen scale and a measuring cup, I weigh all the ingredients of the recipe separately.
- In a small metal pot with a stone non-stick coating, I combine all the ingredients and stir well. I put the casserole on the stove and turn it on to the highest level of heat. I stir constantly until the mixture reaches 60°C – I measure the temperature with a thermometer for working with chocolate. I turn off the heat, remove the pot from the heat and set it aside. If you don’t have a chocolate thermometer or similar, remove the pot from the heat before the mixture starts to boil.
- I put the hot drink in suitable glasses and serve with pecans or gluten-free biscuits.
- Nutritional value per 100g. product:
- Energy value – 88.16 kcal
- Proteins – 4.11 g
- Carbohydrates – 13.54 g
- Fat – 2.05 g
- Fiber – 2.31 g
- The amounts of the ingredients in the recipe are for 2 cups of 300g each.