Golden pineapple – gathered in itself the warm rays of the Sun! This fruit is rich in vitamins, minerals and antioxidants, which is why it is good to include it often in our daily menu. Eating enough fresh fruits and vegetables is good for maintaining a healthy weight. And the sweet taste of pineapple, along with its beneficial nutrients, makes it the perfect substitute for processed sweets. Pineapple is a good source of Vitamin C, which helps the body build collagen, as well as the minerals Copper and Manganese.
Bromelain is a plant enzyme found in pineapple fruit that helps stomach acid break down food. There are many nutritional supplements with bromelain, but it is best to consume fresh pineapple fruit. Bromelain has also been studied for its effects on stomach and colon cancer. Research results show that bromelain promotes apoptosis, a mechanism of programmed cell death that the body uses as a natural defense against abnormal cells. Bromelain has also been shown to inhibit cell growth in stomach and colon cancer.
The polyphenols found in pineapple fruit promote the proliferation of a diverse gut microbiome. And a healthy gut offers a number of benefits to the immune system and is linked to the prevention of chronic diseases.
The hemp drink “Pineapple” has a pleasant fruity aroma and a taste similar to a pineapple milk shake. The aromas of pineapple and cardamom completely mask the specific aroma of hemp seed. I combine the pieces of fruit with peeled hemp seeds to compensate for the lack of protein and fat in the pineapple content and get a balanced vegan gluten-free drink. I often prepare this drink instead of a light snack between main meals.
If you are taking blood thinners, sedatives, as well as the antibiotics Amoxicycline and Tetracycline, be careful with pineapple consumption, as Bromelain can cause side effects with these medications!
Hemp drink ”Pineapple”Course: Drinks, Recipes
Pineapple and hemp seed drink
300 g pineapple pieces
80 g hemp seed, peeled
20 g organic agave syrup
2 g cardamom green ground
300 ml filtered water
- I cut a pineapple into slices, peel them and cut them into pieces. With a kitchen scale, I measure the required amount for the recipe, and put the remaining pieces of pineapple in a box with a lid and store in the freezer.
- I weigh all the ingredients separately with a kitchen scale.
- I put the pineapple pieces in the jug of the blender and add the rest of the ingredients on top. I blend until a smooth homogeneous mixture is obtained.
- I put the drink in appropriate glasses and serve alone between the main meals.
- Nutritional value per 100g. product:
- Energy value – 100.33 kcal
- Proteins – 4.83 g
- Carbohydrates – 7.73 g
- Fat – 5.30 g
- Fiber – 1.02 g