Delicious and easy to prepare, the flat chickpea bread ”Luchnik” is healthy and gluten-free, with completely plant-based ingredients and no leavening agents. With a light aroma and taste of onions, with a crispy crust and a soft interior – it is ideal as a base for spreading with vegetable cream cheese or vegetable pate. The flat bread is dense, and this makes it possible to cut it while it is still warm.
When I was a child, my morning breakfast was usually a slice of whole wheat bread spread with cream cheese and seasonal vegetables or else spread with fruit marmalade. And now sometimes I have a desire for such a breakfast. So I make different versions of gluten-free flat bread and serve it for breakfast along with vegetable cheeses or pâtés. I love the taste and aroma of roasted onions and often add them as an ingredient in baked goods. If the flat bread is made entirely of chickpea flour without leavening agents, it hardens when it cools down and is good to eat only warm. I added spring onions, which gives moisture and softness to the bread, which is preserved even when the bread is completely cooled.
For breakfast in the morning, I serve a few slices of flat chickpea bread ”Luchnik” along with Quick Lentil Pate and sliced pickled gherkins from a jar – simple plant-based food for a healthy start to the day.
Flat chickpea bread ”Luchnik” can be stored in a refrigerator, placed in a box with a lid, for up to 48 hours and is not suitable for freezing!
Flat chickpea bread ”Luchnik”Course: Breakfasts, Recipes
Chickpea bread with spring onions
250 g chickpea flour
300 ml. filtered water
30 g sesame tahini
2 g ground allspice
75 g spring onion stalk
35 g spring garlic stalk
4 g Himalayan pink salt
– baking paper
– a tray with a diameter of 30 cm.
- With a kitchen scale and a measuring cup, I weigh all the ingredients of the recipe separately.
- With a sharp knife, I cut the stalks of spring onion and spring garlic into small pieces, put the chopped vegetables in a bowl. I add the salt and gently mash with my hands until the vegetables soften.
- In a bowl, I put the ground flour and the ground pepper, pour the water and the sesame tahini. I mix until a uniform mixture is obtained. I add the chopped and crushed vegetables, stir until they are evenly mixed.
- I cover a tray with baking paper and spread the chickpea mixture evenly on top. I put the tray in a preheated oven at 200°C with a fan and bake for 20 minutes or until the flat bread is slightly reddened on top. I take the pan out of the oven and leave it aside to cool for 5 minutes. I turn the flatbread and carefully separate the baking paper, cut into random pieces. I put the completely cooled and sliced flat bread in a box with a lid and store it in the refrigerator – it can be stored in this way for up to 48 hours.
- I serve pieces of flat bread with lentil pate and chopped vegetables for breakfast.
- Nutritional value per 100g. product:
- Energy value – 210.47 kcal
- Proteins – 11.51 g.
- Carbohydrates – 26.23 g.
- Fat – 6.23 g.
- Fiber – 1.80 g.
- You can find the recipe for Quick Lentil Pate on the Danara website in the Sauces and Pate Category.