Can you have a holiday without preparing a holiday menu? Of course not”! Delicious ingredients and carefully selected recipes for impressive dishes on the holiday table, shared with our loved ones. And to add a special rich winter vegetable salad to our festive healthy balanced vegan gluten-free menu.
I specially prepared the recipe for Holiday Salad “Snow Garden” in preparation for our Christmas menu with my favorite seasonal vegetables – Brussels sprouts and celery stalks. I very carefully selected and combined the ingredients in the salad because I wanted to get an impressive look with a memorable taste. The deep color of the green peas accentuates the delicate green hues of the celery stalks and Brussels sprouts, and the soft beige color of the chickpeas is accentuated by the white color of the macadamia sauce. The specific aroma of garlic is barely perceptible, as its amount in the snow sauce is small, and it is further muted by the aroma of celery. I added broccoli sprouts to enrich the salad with useful substances, and their specific aroma perfectly unites and softens the aromas of celery and Brussels sprouts. Macadamia nuts have a subtle aroma and pair well with other aromatic ingredients such as garlic and celery, and do not require pre-soaking in water like other nuts to make a smooth sauce.
Surprise your loved ones by preparing them the Holiday Salad “Snow Garden” – healthy vegan gluten-free food is delicious when prepared with love and inspiration!
If you don’t like the garlic taste and aroma, you can leave out the garlic cloves when making the snow sauce.
If you want a richer garlic flavor in the salad, add double the amount of garlic when making the snow sauce.
Festive Salad “Snow Garden”Course: Party, Recipes, Salads
Chickpea salad with Brussels sprouts
240 g pre-cooked chickpeas
can be substituted with canned chickpeas
220 g frozen green peas
can be replaced with canned peas
180 g Brussels sprouts
180 g celery stalks
20 g broccoli sprouts
- snow sauce
50 g macadamia nuts raw
30 ml fresh lemon juice
4 g rock salt
can be replaced with any other salt
4 g garlic cloves
2 g ginger powder
80 ml filtered water
- With a kitchen scale and a measuring cup, I weigh all the ingredients of the recipe separately. I wash the vegetables and dry them. With a sharp knife, I cut the celery stalks into thin pieces and set aside.
- In a pot with a steamer I pour 1 liter of hot water, put the frozen peas in the steamer and put the pot on the stove. After the water starts boiling, I wait 10 minutes. With a sharp knife, I cut the Brussels sprouts into pieces and set them aside. I remove the cooked peas to a bowl and set aside to cool, put the chopped Brussels sprouts in the steamer and let it cook for 10 minutes. I remove the cooked Brussels sprouts to a bowl and set aside to cool.
- In the jug of the blender I put the macadamia nuts and spices, add the lemon juice and water, I blend for a few seconds until a smooth homogeneous mixture is obtained.
- In a large bowl, I put pre-cooked chickpeas and chopped celery stalks, add steamed green peas and Brussels sprouts. I put the broccoli sprouts on top and pour the macadamia nut snow sauce, carefully stir until all the ingredients are evenly mixed.
- The salad “Snow Garden” prepared in this way can be put in a box with a lid and stored in the refrigerator – it can be stored for up to 24 hours.
- I take a beautiful glass bowl and fill it with the festive salad “Snow Garden”, I put the bowl in the middle of the festive table with a beautiful salad spoon for serving. You can serve the salad as single servings by placing the salad in small pretty glass bowls.
- Nutritional value per 100g. product:
- Energy value – 92.08 kcal
- Proteins – 4.44 g
- Carbohydrates – 8.22 g
- Fat – 4.60 g
- Fiber – 3.75 g