Why do detox days? Eating a completely healthy and balanced diet every day of the year and not allowing ourselves the occasional junk food is not so easy – each of us has eaten junk food over the years and there are times when the flavors of that food appeal to us. Even if we eat a healthy and balanced diet without deviations with junk food, the different components of the food are broken down by the digestive system in different times and waste substances are obtained that we do not always manage to throw out completely. And over the years that we have been eating unhealthy food, artificial preservatives and dyes, micro and nano plastic particles, heavy metals and pesticides have accumulated in our bodies. On detox menu days, we allow our cells to release and our bodies to flush out some of the accumulated harmful ingredients.
There are different detox methods, but in my opinion, the easiest and lightest to implement in our hectic everyday life is a vegan day with a detox menu, prepared only from raw vegetables and fruits with the addition of certain superfoods, but without the addition of grains and legumes, nuts and seeds, salt and extracted fats. It is best to eat whole fruits and vegetables in various combinations or in the form of smoothies, because this way all the ingredients are taken together with the fiber.
The recipe for Detox Salad “Winter Surprise” is from our detox menu according to Anthony William’s detox system, and the ingredients are according to the mandatory vegetables for the day. When preparing, I do not add salt because the cucumber contains natural sodium chloride/salt/, and almost every salt in stores contains anti-sticking agents. This detox regimen does not use high-fat foods such as avocados and olives, nuts and seeds, or extracted fats. I have carefully selected the combination of vegetables that provides a large part of the daily requirement of the antioxidants Quercetin and Myrecithin, Lutein and Zeaxanthin.
The light spiciness of the leek stalks and the acidity of the lemon juice emphasize the sweetness of the carrots and cabbage, and the aroma of the cucumber is perfectly combined with the aroma of the celery – the raw Detox Salad “Winter Surprise” impresses with aroma and taste!
If you want a more spicy taste to the salad, add grated fresh ginger root or chopped raw chili pepper.
Detox Salad “Winter Surprise”Course: Recipes, Salads
Cabbage salad with celery and cucumber
240 g white cabbage
200 g cucumber
80 g grated carrots
60 g celery stalks
60 g leek stalk
50 g green pepper
20 ml fresh lemon juice
- I wash all the vegetables and dry them. I grate the carrots on a coarse grater. I cut the pepper lengthwise into 2 parts and carefully remove the stem with the seeds. I weigh all the ingredients of the recipe separately with a kitchen scale and a measuring cup.
- With a sharp knife, I cut the cabbage into small pieces and put it in a bowl, add the freshly squeezed lemon juice on top and mash the cabbage with my hands until it softens slightly. I set the bowl aside for at least 20 minutes – the cabbage gradually softens from the mashing and the added lemon juice.
- I cut the cucumber into 4 parts lengthwise and then into pieces about 5 mm thick. I cut the celery stalks into thin pieces, and the leek stalks into thin circles about 2 mm thick. I cut the pepper lengthwise and cut into thin pieces about 1 mm thick.
- In the bowl with the chopped and mashed cabbage, I add the rest of the chopped vegetables and stir until all the ingredients are evenly distributed.
- I put the salad prepared in this way in appropriate plates and serve it as an independent dish for lunch or dinner on our days with a detox menu.
- Nutritional value per 100g. product:
- Energy value – 21.48 kcal
- Proteins – 1.06 g
- Carbohydrates – 3.48 g
- Fat – 0.08 g
- Fiber – 2.23 g