A wealth of flavors and colors on a plate – this is a Colorful vegetable stew! The variety of ingredients gives me the opportunity to turn any dish into a color palette. Even when I prepare a dish in one basic color, I combine ingredients with different shades. For me, cooking is an art on a plate and everyone recreates their inner world in their dishes.
And how did I create the recipe for the delicious Colorful vegetable stew? I really like Kidney red beans – when cooked, it retains its rich color and the integrity of the beans, which have a rich bean flavor and a wonderful oily texture. And my other favorite thing is rice! And against the background of dark red beans the white color of rice grains shines. I decided to use basmati rice because its grains are similar in shape to beans and retain their shape when cooked. I added carrots and zucchini for crunchiness, as well as green spring onions for contrast. I wanted to keep the individual flavors of the ingredients, so I added only sage leaves, which gives a sense of depth of taste. The orange color of the carrots contrasts with the white rice grains and the dark green color of the spring onions, but all together they give a unique sweet taste. The dark red color of red beans contrasts with the pale green color of zucchini and complements the orange color of carrots. The cooking time of the stew is enough for cooking the rice and keeps the carrots and zucchini slightly crispy. The delicious Colorful vegetable stew is a wonderful proof that healthy food is delicious when prepared with love and inspiration!
Colorful vegetable stewCourse: Main dishes, Recipes
Rice stew with red beans and zucchini
360 g zucchini /courgette/
120 g carrots
100 g spring onion stalk
60 g basmati rice
8 g Himalayan pink salt
can be replaced with any other salt
1 g ground black pepper
800 ml. hot filtered water
400 g red beans Kidney pre-cooked
can be replaced with canned red beans
10 g extra virgin olive oil
5 g fresh sage leaves
- I wash the vegetables well with water and weigh the required amount of the recipe with a kitchen scale. With a sharp knife I cut the zucchini into 4 pieces length and then cut into 5 mm thick pieces. I cut the carrots into 2 pieces lengthwise and then cut into thin pieces 2 mm thick. I cut the spring onion into pieces 1 cm thick.
- I put the chopped vegetables in a saucepan with the water, add salt and ground black pepper. I turn on the stove to the highest degree of heating and put the pot on top. I wash the required amount of basmati rice with water and let it drain. When the water in the pot starts to boil, add the washed rice and mix well. I let the stew simmer for about 15 minutes and when the rice grains are almost cooked I add the cooked red beans. I let it boil for another 5 minutes until the rice is cooked.
- I turn off the stove, remove the pan and set aside to cool for 5 minutes. I wash and cut sage leaves. I add the chopped sage leaves and olive oil to the pan, stirring well.
- I serve in suitable plates and add a slice of lemon for a slightly sour taste.
- Nutritional value per 100 g. product:
- Energy value – 63.25 kcal
- Protein – 3.25 g
- Carbohydrates – 9.00 g
- Fat – 1.07 g
- Fiber – 2.48 g