Do you ever come home after a busy day at work and be so tired that you don’t feel like cooking? It happens to me often, that’s why I started making Bowl Danara as a combination of different products for a balanced healthy vegan gluten free meal. The advantage of a Bowl meal is that you can mix together pre-prepared ingredients such as cooked legumes for protein and cooked gluten-free grains for carbohydrates, seeds and nuts for healthy fats, fresh seasonal vegetables for fiber and spices for memorable taste. When preparing each Bowl Danara, I carefully select the products depending on their specific content of vitamins and minerals, flavonoids and antioxidants, adding spices to dull or emphasize the flavors and aromas of the individual ingredients.
And how did I decide to prepare Bowl Danara “Tomato Delight”? After a busy day at work, I didn’t have the energy to cook several dishes, so I decided to prepare something delicious in a few minutes. A quick check of the available items revealed that I had a ready-to-eat avocado and some delicious tomatoes from the garden, a box of fresh arugula leaves and a box of organic natural tofu. It remained to decide what to use for sufficient carbohydrates – thanks to my favorite Multicooker, I can cook all kinds of cereals in a few minutes. I combined the buckwheat grains with kelp powder and ground allspice to mask the specific flavor of the seaweed and buckwheat. And since natural tofu has no pronounced aroma and taste, this allows the tomato salad to stand out with its pleasant taste. The slight acidity of the garden red tomatoes contrasts with the sweetness of the avocado and is complemented by the slight spiciness of the leeks and arugula.
The colors, aromas and tastes of the individual products combine and contrast in an incredible way, which turns the ordinary Bowl Danara “Tomato Delight” into an impressive dish!
One portion of 580 g Bowl Danara “Tomato Delight” contains 538.51 kcal, 39.97 g of protein and 41.70 g of carbohydrates, 22.99 g of fat and 10.86 g of fiber.
If you like spicy food, you can cut a few chili peppers into thin rounds and add them to the tomato salad, or sprinkle chili flakes on top before serving.
Bowl Danara ”Tomato delight”Course: Bowl Danara, Recipes
Bowl Danara with tofu and tomato salad
400 g natural tofu
- boiled buckwheat
100 g buckwheat seeds
200 ml hot water
5 g Himalayan pink salt
can be replaced with any other salt
5 g kelp powder
2 g ground allspice
- tomato salad
300 g red tomatoes
50 g leek stalk
can be replaced with red onion
50 g avocado pieces
15 g rocket leaves
can be replaced with dandelion leaves
2 g powdered fenugreek leaves
- With a kitchen scale and a measuring cup, I weigh all the ingredients of the recipe. With a sharp knife, I cut the natural tofu into small pieces.
- In the inner container of the Multicooker, I put the buckwheat seeds and hot water, add the salt and ground allspice, close the lid and start the Rice Program. After the program is finished, I open the lid and add the amount of kelp powder, mixing well.
- I wash the vegetables and dry them. With a sharp knife, I cut the tomatoes into pieces, the leek stalks into thin circles and the rocket leaves into small pieces. I put the chopped vegetables and the weighed amount of powdered fenugreek leaves in a bowl, add the pieces of avocado and mix well.
- In suitable plates, I put the cooked buckwheat in the middle, and on the sides I arrange pieces of natural tofu and the tomato salad. I serve the Bowl Danara “Tomato Delight” prepared in this way as an independent dish for dinner.
- Nutritional value per 100g. product:
- Energy value – 92.85 kcal
- Proteins – 6.89 g
- Carbohydrates – 7.19 g
- Fat – 3.96 g
- Fiber – 1.87 g
- The quantities in the recipe for preparing boiled buckwheat are for cooking in a multicooker, so if you are preparing boiled buckwheat in a regular pot, increase the amount of hot water and allow more time for cooking the buckwheat!