Green Spring on the plate, this is the Bowl Danara “Green Fantasy” – a healthy dinner with whole plant food, gluten-free and without extracted oil. Bowl Danara meals are based on the concept of a varied balanced gluten-free complete plant-based diet. Combining grains and legumes with vegetables, as well as adding nuts, seeds and superfoods makes for a complete plant-based meal for lunch or dinner. And depending on the quantity and calorie content of the individual ingredients, Bowl Danara can be a low-, medium- or high-calorie dish.
Bowl Danara “Green Fantasy” is a low-calorie dish that I prepare for dinner as a balancing food for the energies of the planet Mercury. Planetary cuisine is an integral part of our diet and so I prepare green food mainly for our daily menu on Wednesday – the day ruled by the planet Mercury, but I also include a lot of green foods on Friday and Saturday.
Combining Basmati rice with black quinoa gives a slight nutty flavor and characteristic crunch from the quinoa grains. I add kelp powder for a light umami taste and to enrich with Iodine. The steamed frozen green peas have a slightly sweet and creamy texture that contrasts with the acidity from the lemon juice and the crunch of the cucumber and green pepper. I added chunks of avocado for healthy vegetable fats that are necessary for the absorption of carotenes from green vegetables. And freshly squeezed lemon juice provides Vitamin C, which is necessary for better absorption of Iron. I do not add salt because the kelp powder and the cucumber contain Sodium Chloride /natural salt/ and I usually serve olives with the lunch and dinner dishes which also contain salt. The combination of Bowl Danara “Green Fantasy” is made of ingredients with a specific taste and aroma – peas and spinach, alfalfa sprouts and kelp powder, black quinoa and green pepper, which together with the other ingredients complement and unite in a pleasant light grassy aroma and a light sweet and sour taste.
Since different brands of frozen green peas have different water content, the recipe ingredients indicate the amount of green peas needed after steaming!
If you like spicy food, you can add one fresh green chili pepper or other type of green hot pepper.
Bowl Danara ”Green fantasy”Course: Bowl Danara, Recipes
Bowl Danara with green peas and spinach salad
360 g frozen green peas, boiled
100 g green peppers
100 g cucumber
80 g avocado pieces
- cooked rice with quinoa
80 g Basmati rice
20 g black quinoa
250 ml hot water
5 g kelp powder
- spinach salad
140 g spinach leaves
40 g alfalfa sprouts
40 ml fresh lemon juice
- With a kitchen scale and a measuring cup, I weigh all the ingredients of the recipe separately. I wash the vegetables and let them drain.
- In the Multicooker I put the rice, black quinoa and hot water, cook on the Rice program. After the program is finished, I take out the cooked rice in a bowl and add kelp powder, leave it aside for 5 minutes to cool. I don’t add salt, but if you want a saltier taste, add 5 grams of rock salt.
- With a sharp knife, I cut the spinach leaves and mash them lightly with my hand. I put crushed and chopped spinach in a bowl, add alfalfa sprouts and freshly squeezed lemon juice, stir until the ingredients are evenly mixed.
- I cut the cucumber into half moons with a thickness of 2 mm and set aside. I cut the green pepper into 2 mm thick half moons and set aside. I cut an avocado in half, carefully peel the halves of the shell and cut each half into thin pieces lengthwise.
- I take a cone-shaped metal bowl, pour water inside it and put half of the cooked rice inside, press lightly with a spoon and then turn the bowl in the middle of a suitable plate. Around the cone of cooked rice I put steamed green peas and spinach salad, sliced cucumber and green pepper.
- I serve the plates arranged in this way as an independent dish for dinner.
- Nutritional value per 100g. product:
- Energy value – 73.98 kcal
- Proteins – 3.55 g
- Carbohydrates – 10.32 g
- Fat – 1.78 g
- Fiber – 3.13 g